If you are suffering from hair loss and want a solution that is both effective and safe, the LaserBand 82 by HairMax might just be the answer.
This FDA cleared product addresses the problematic and often embarrassing condition in an innovative way. Consequently, you will likely want to know more about this potential solution to your hair loss issue.
HairMax LaserBand 82 Reviews
Before looking at this product specifically, it’s important to get to know the company behind the product, HairMax. T
his laser device company is a global leader in the industry, boasting over 14 international medical licenses.
It also has eight FDA clearances, has completed seven clinical studies, been published in six medical journals, and sold over 1.8 million devices with a 93% customer satisfaction rating. HairMax was founded in 2000 and is a go-to company for laser hair loss products.
What is FDA Clearance?
As mentioned above, HairMax has eight FDA clearances on their laser hair growth products.
These clearances represent adherence to strict guidelines set forth by the FDA. This means that not only are the HairMax products safe to use, but they have been clinically proven effective to do what they claim.
The ethical standards in both testing and manufacturing required to garner an FDA clearance means that when you buy the LaserBand 82, you can do so with confidence that the product will work as promised.
These devices are primarily designed to address the condition of androgenetic alopecia that leads to hair loss, though the devices have been shown to help with hair loss due to other causes as well.
However, the FDA clearance is associated with that primary cause of hair loss.
What is Androgenic Alopecia?
Androgenic alopecia is the leading cause of hair loss in both men and women. As such, it represents the majority of hair loss cases, causing hair loss in more than 30 million women and 50 million men in the United States.
You might have also heard androgenetic alopecia referred to as male or female pattern baldness.
In men, this type of hair loss typically causes thinning on the crown of the head and the characteristic letter “M” patterned hair recession. With women, it presents as more all over thinning, which makes it a bit less severe, yet still life-altering.
Thankfully, low-level laser therapy, the same technology used in the LaserBand 82, has been shown effective at treating this common condition.
Using Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) to Treat Hair Loss
This hair loss treatment was discovered accidentally in the 1960s when researchers were experimenting with red light therapy as a way to treat cancer.
They soon realized that low-level laser therapy, also called cold laser therapy or red light therapy, would cause hair regrowth. It works by addressing the problem of dormant hair follicles at a cellular level.
Eventually, hair loss sufferers were able to use this type of therapy to treat their hair loss but had to do so in a medical setting. Thankfully, today, thanks to companies like HairMax, if you suffer from hair loss, you can treat the condition in the comfort and privacy of your own home for a fraction of the cost using devices like the Laser Band 82.
Now, for a closer look at this product specifically…
What is the Laser Band 82 by HairMax?
The HairMax LaserBand 82 is a home-use medical-grade device that safely delivers light energy to your scalp, stimulating hair follicles, which reverses hair thinning and encourages hair growth and thickening.
It is a lightweight, comfortable, portable, and convenient way to treat your hair loss on the go or at home but not to be confused with standard laser cap devices.
What You Get When Purchasing the LaserBand 82 for $799
The following is a breakdown of what you get when you purchase this hair loss system from HairMax:
- The HairMax LaserBand 82 Device
- Power Cord
- Rechargeable Battery
- Quick Start User Manual
- Two-Year Device Warranty
Quick Facts & Additional Features of the LaserBand 82 by HairMax
- It Regrows Hair: The LaserBand 82 features an energy output of 1230mW. This has been clinically proven to stimulate hair follicles and reverse hair thinning. It works for both men and women to regrow hair.
- It is FDA Cleared: Yes, it’s mentioned above, but the fact that this product is FDA cleared is a big deal. It means the LaserBad has been tested and proven effective for hair regrowth and is safe to use.
- It Works Fast: The LaserBand 82 boasts 82 medical-grade lasers that provide full-scalp treatment when you apply to three sections of your scalp, meaning it equates to 246 laser coverage. Keep in mind, HairMax only features medical-grade lasers in their products. This product has no LEDs as they have been proven less effective in treating hair loss. Only lasers in this LaserBand!
- Lightweight, User-Friendly: The LaserBand 82 device weighs in at just 6 oz, which means it is comfortable to wear and extremely portable. The light battery pack allows you to easily carry it with you when you travel or use at home. It’s also easy-to-use with simple operating instructions.
- Doctor Recommended: This device has an extremely high success rating of over 90% in clinical studies. Users will often note results in as little as three months. Doctors recommend this and other HairMax laser products to treat hair loss caused by androgenetic alopecia.
- Hair Parting Teeth: This design element of the LaserBand is created to deliver light energy directly to the user’s scalp. Some caps and helmet devices will almost push the hair down on itself, which doesn’t allow the light to get to the scalp area where it needs to be to do the most good. This device’s design makes sure this isn’t an issue and delivers light energy through lasers directly to the scalp.
HairMax’s LaserBand 82: How to Use, Treatment Details
To use this device, simply treat your hair for a little as 90 seconds three times weekly, though you can use it for up to 10 minutes a session. This treatment time of 90 seconds is the fastest in the home use laser device market. You won’t find a device that does more in less time.
Ideally, you should ensure your hair is clean before using your device.
While it doesn’t have to be freshly washed, a clean scalp is best for optimal laser energy.
When Will You See Results?
Unfortunately, hair growth is a tedious process that doesn’t happen instantaneously as hair only grows around ½ inch a month.
In most cases, you can expect to see results between 12 and 16 weeks after beginning treatment. However, it is not unheard of for you to experience additional growth results beyond 26 weeks or even up to a year after beginning treatment.
Some 90% of all users will experience hair growth of some sort, though levels vary according to clinical studies.
Is There a Guarantee on This Product?
Yes. Not only does the HairMax LaserBand 82 come with a two-year manufacturer guarantee that protects against defects, the company also offers a generous six-month, money-back guarantee on the device’s effectiveness.
This means if you aren’t satisfied with your results in six months time, you can return the device for a full refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Bottom Line: Is The LaserBand 82 by HairMax Right For Me?
If you are struggling with hair loss caused by androgenetic alopecia and want a safe, effective solution, the LaserBand 82 device by HairMax most certainly fits the bill. Be realistic about your expectations, obviously, as hair growth isn’t instant and the device does take time to work.
You also have to be diligent to maintain a regular treatment schedule. In some cases, even taking these steps will still not produce results, simply because laser devices don’t work for every hair loss condition.
However, since HairMax does offer the six-month money-back guarantee there is little risk in trying it out for yourself.