Hair loss can be an embarrassing condition that can seem impossible to treat. Thankfully, through innovative hair growth products, there are now effective ways you can restore your hair to its previous glory. One such product is the CapillusPlus laser cap. This CapillusPlus review will tell you everything you need to know about this laser cap and how it works to effectively and safely to rego hair. We will also consider the science behind the product and what sets it apart from competitors. Read on to learn more:
What is The CapillusPlus Laser Cap?
The CapillusPlus is a wearable, FDA-cleared, battery-operated laser therapy device. It is created to prevent hair loss progression and to restore thinning hair caused by androgenetic alopecia, or genetic hair loss. The CapillusPlus is the Capillus mid-range model and features 1010mW total energy output. This is 1.8x more laser when compared to the CapillusUltra+.
More on Androgenetic Alopecia
As one of the most common forms of hair loss, androgenetic alopecia is experienced by both women and men. This type of hair loss is often called male-pattern baldness in men. It presents itself in a distinct pattern where the hair becomes thin above the temple and then recedes overtime in a “M” shape, eventually leading to complete baldness. Hair can also thin at the crown of the head with androgenetic alopecia. In women this condition looks a bit different as it causes hair to thin all over the head, without a receding hairline. In women, androgenetic alopecia rarely causes complete baldness. The CapillusPlus laser cap is designed specifically to counteract the effects of this condition.
The Science Behind Low Level Laser Technology and Hair Restoration
Low-level laser therapy like the technology utilized in the CapillusPlus laser cap has been clinically proven as a safe and effective way to counteract hair loss and promote hair regrowth and health. It is notably less invasive than hair transplant surgery, and therefore, considered a great option for anyone who is experiencing noticeable hair loss who doesn’t want to turn to surgery for a solution. Low-level laser therapy is also called cold laser therapy or red light therapy and has been utilized to promote healing and regeneration in tissues since the 1960s. In terms of promoting hair growth, the lasers work to stimulate and invigorate circulation on the scalp and promote hair follicle growth. The clinical research has shown encouraging results, noting a 39% increase in hair growth in the 41 males aged 18 to 48 who went through the 16 week study. Now that we have considered the most common reason for hair loss or reduction in thickness and the science behind low-level light therapy such as is utilized in the CapillusPlus laser cap to counteract this issue, let’s look at more specifics about this product.
How Do You Use the CapillusPlus Laser Cap?
Using the CapillusPlus laser cap is simple, you only have to wear it for six minutes every day. You can even place it under a sports cap for more privacy. One such cap comes with your purchase of the CapillusPlus but you can wear any hat of your choice. This product is designed to treat hair loss in both men and women and has no known adverse side effects. In addition, the earlier you begin using this product the better in terms of preventing additional hair loss. For example, if you begin using this treatment in the early stages of your hair loss progression, it can actually stop additional hair loss and regrow your thinning hair.
What Does the CapillusPlus Laser Cap Treatment Kit Include?
The Capillus kit comes with the following features in every kit in addition to the CapillusPlus 202 device itself, which features 202 laser diodes for optimal scalp coverage and has an auto-programmed shut off to end the daily recommended 6-minute treatment session:
- Capillus user manual
- Universal AC adapter, complete with four interchangeable input blades
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
- Sports cap (fits regular sized heads up to 24”)
- Adhesive belt clip for battery pack
- Accessories pouch
- Lightweight carrying case
What Can You Expect in Terms of Results?
It’s important to understand that no product works instantly. Therefore, you must be patient in terms of your expectations. It takes time for new hair to grow and for follicle health to be properly restored. The following is a breakdown of the typical timeline for hair growth that most will experience during treatment:
Hair Growth Timeline
- 0-3 Months: During this phase you might actually notice an increase in shedding. Don’t worry! This doesn’t mean the laser cap is causing you to lose more hair. In fact, it’s actually one of the first indications that your treatment is working properly. Shedding indicates that new hairs are coming through, pushing out older hair, making room for new healthy shafts of hair. It’s also common to experience some itchiness during this time. Be sure to take a photo of your hairline and your crown before beginning treatment so you can compare your hair growth throughout the process.
- 3-6 Months: During this stage of the process, you will notice a decrease in hair loss. Be patient, you still might not be able to see significant change. That doesn’t mean the treatment isn’t working.
- 12 Months: At this point in the treatment process you should be able to adequately evaluate the success of your treatment. This is a great time to take a photo of your hair and compare it to the one you took before treatment. This will likely reveal a great deal of progress.
- 24 Months+: It is during this stage that you will likely note the most impactful results. Whatever results you have experienced using the CapillusPlus laser cap by this point will indicate its overall effectiveness for you personally. In other words, by this point you should be able to see a difference in your hair thickness and note a reduction in additional hair loss.
Why Choose a Capillus Laser Cap Product?
Capillus products are FDA-cleared and have been proven safe and effective to do what they are advertised to do. All Capillus laser device products come with a six month satisfaction guarantee. The company will also repair or replace any defective caps at no charge to the customer. The company prides itself in providing exemplary customer service and will also price match and provide financing options for most of their products. This enables everyone to have access to laser hair regrowth. In addition, Capillus products are proudly made in the United States of America in their Maimi, Florida facility.
Companion Products For The CapillusPlus
Capillus also offers a few additional products that can be used in conjunction with the CapillusPlus laser cap. They are as follows:
- The Volumizing Keratin Brush: This brush utilizes keratin fiber particles that cling to your hair, adding fullness. This means you can easily conceal thinning areas with this brush as your laser cap works to promote additional hair growth and stop the thinning process.
- Clinical Hair Care Products: Capillus also offers a line of clinical hair therapy products that further promote hair regrowth by cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing the scalp. The Cap+ line of products include a hair health supplement, RXCap+ Minoxidil, Revitalizer, Activator, Conditioner and Shampoo.
Bottom Line is The CapillusPlus Laser Cap Treatment Worth The Investment?
Above, you have learned about the clinical studies that prove low-level light therapy is an effective and safe way to combat common hair loss issues. You have also discovered what comes with this product and what to expect when using this treatment plan. The CapillusPlus review has also covered the Capillus company, how it does business and showcased some complimentary products they offer to increase the effectiveness of the CapillusPlus laser cap. However, with a purchase price of $1,699.00, if this particular product is worth the cost for you personally is a question you and you alone can answer. Suffice it to say, though, it’s definitely more cost effective and affordable than going under the knife via surgery or visiting a doctor for similar treatments.