The beloved classic TV Show, I Love Lucy, once featured a comical look at the serious issue of hair loss in the episode entitled “Ricky Thinks He’s Going Bald.” In this episode, Ricky is convinced he is losing his hair and the audience watches as Lucy offers many types of solutions, some outlandish and downright ridiculous in an effort to regrow Ricky’s hair. Neighbor Fred Mertz, who happens to be bald himself, mentions at some point in the process that “a man will try almost anything if he thinks it will regrow his hair.” Perhaps, you can relate to this sentiment. It doesn’t matter if you have ever watched this particular episode or have ever even heard of I Love Lucy as the point being made is that almost everyone will do whatever it takes to regrow their hair once it begins thinning, man or woman. Thankfully, unlike poor Ricky in this episode of I Love Lucy, you don’t have to take such drastic measures. Instead, you can try the HairMax Laser 272 review that has been specifically designed to effectively and safely regrow hair. Read on for our comprehensive HairMax Laser 272 Cap Review:
What is the HairMax Laser 272 Cap?
This FDA-cleared product promotes hair regrowth via laser light therapy using a cap shaped laser device. It is designed to stimulate hair follicles at a cellular level, which leads to thicker more lush hair. It also enhances the body’s natural growth cycle, which encourages new hair growth. This product has been scientifically engineered to maximize hair growth and stands above its competitors in the following ways:
HairMax Laser 272 Cap Features
- 272 Medical grade lasers
- Features densely spaced laser diodes that are aligned precisely to ensure an optimal amount of laser energy reaches the scalp and promotes uniform simulation all over the scalp’s surface.
- It is engineered to surpass other laser caps on the market, offering unparalleled electronic usability and quality, flexibility and comfort.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery pack, allowing more freedom of movement during the treatment process.
- Has advanced electronic laser driving circuitry.
- Has illuminated treatment timer on a handy controller that also showcases the battery level.
- Features a dual operating mode, giving users the choice between treatment times of either 15 or 30 minutes, three days a week.
- Comes with a lock-in micro USB omni directional micro-cable for easy operation and safety.
- Hair parting teeth, which are unique to HairMax devices. This feature parts the hair to create an unobscured pathway for the laser light to reach the scalp for optimal treatment.
- Extra companion products with purchase. You get a shampoo, conditioner, hair booster, dietary supplements and a quick dry hair towel with the purchase of the Laser 272 PowerFlex cap system.
How Hair Growth is Stimulated With the HairMax Laser 272 Cap
Hair growth happens in three main cycles, the growth, resting and transition phase. In most cases, around 10 to 20% of your hair is in either the resting or transition phase, waiting to be replaced by a hair in the growth phase. The Laser 272 cap works to energize and stimulate the hair follicles as they are in the resting and transition phase, prompting new hair to form.
What Makes the HairMax Laser 272 Effective?
As mentioned above, this product utilizes low-level light therapy (LLLT) to treat the problematic condition of hair loss and thinning. In most cases, hair loss is the direct result of androgenic alopecia. This is also sometimes referred to as male pattern baldness in men and female pattern baldness in women. The condition is genetic and can affect both men and women. In general, this type of hair loss is more noticeable in men as it causes the hairline to recede significantly. In women, it is a more overall thinning, so it’s less noticeable, although a woman with the condition will most certainly notice her hair isn’t as thick as it once was. The HairMax Laser 272 uses LLLT(more on this later) to counteract the effects of hair loss and encourage hair regrowth.
Additional Reasons You Might Experience Hair Loss
Although androgenic alopecia is by far the most common cause of hair loss in adults, it is not the only condition that can cause hair to thin or fall out. The following are additional reasons you might experience a reduction in the amount of hair on your head according to the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Age: As we age, our hair growth process naturally slows down.
- Cancer treatment: If you have ever had radiation or chemotherapy due to cancer treatment, you have likely experienced hair loss.
- Alopecia areata: This is a disease that causes your body’s immune system to attack the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Stressors like childbirth: Any sort of illness or stressful situation that causes intense emotions can cause hair loss.
- Too much styling: You can overdo it in terms of perms, coloring and the like and damage your hair to the point it starts falling out.
- Hormonal imbalances: Sometimes, if your hormones are out of whack, it can cause your hair to thin.
It’s important to note that treatments using LLLT are not specifically designed to treat hair loss that resulted from the conditions listed above or any others that are not androgenic alopecia. If your hair loss is caused by some other factor than genetic hair loss, your results might not be the same as a person who has that condition and has found success using these treatments.
What is LLLT and How Does it Work?
It’s important to understand how LLLT works and why using this type of technology to treat your hair loss can be effective. LLLT uses lasers to stimulate hair growth at a cellular level, promoting healthy hair follicles and reducing hair loss. It has been clinically proven to be a safe, effective way to treat hair loss caused by androgenic alopecia and has no known side effects. It is an FDA approved treatment for hair loss and is a great alternative to the more invasive surgical procedures once used.
More About the HairMax Laser 272 Cap, What Makes it Different?
The information above has outlined the science and technology behind what makes this product work. Other than its effectiveness, the benefits this product has over others is its unique design that ensures the scalp is getting optimal access to the lasers, which in turn enhances the effects of the therapy. In addition, HairMax has invested more into clinical studies and research than any other hair growth company. They have completed seven different clinical studies involving 460 women and men, conducted by physicians and scientists within the hair loss field. These studies took place at various medical centers including the University of Miami, the Cleveland Clinic and the University of Minnesota. Thanks to all this extra effort, HairMax products have eight different FDA clearances, six published peer-reviewed articles, and a 90% user success rate. HairMax also stands behind their six-month money-back guarantee.
Bottom Line: Is HairMax Laser 272 Cap Worth The Investment?
At a cost of $1,899.00, which is the current purchase price of the HairMax Laser 272 cap, is no small investment. Of course, when compared to the cost of a surgical procedure to replace lost hair or with the expense of visiting a medical clinic for laser light therapy, it is pretty affordable. Hopefully, the HairMax Laser 272 review you just read will help you determine if this product is worth the investment for you, personally. No one can really answer that for you, but know that this is a safe, effective product with plenty of clinical evidence that proves it will do what it claims to do. It’s also portable and discreet, allowing you to treat this sometimes embarrassing condition without anyone having to know. If only poor Ricky Ricardo could have had access to a Laser 272 cap back in his day. It could’ve saved him a lot of aggravation for sure.