This illumiflow 148 laser cap review will cover everything you need to know about this innovative hair growth product.
You will learn what the 148 laser cap by illumiflow is, how it works, and get a look at the science behind what makes this treatment process an effective way to promote hair growth.
Plus well talk a little bit about the differences between the illumiflow 148 and 272.
Now, to get to the topic at hand…
What is the Illumiflow 148 Laser Cap?
This product is an innovative hands-free hair growth system that utilizes medical-grade lasers to regrow hair.
It combines proven technology with convenience to create an ideal way to treat the sometimes embarrassing problem of hair loss.
It is an ideal solution for both women and men who have lost their hair.
It works by utilizing Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) inside a hat-like top (laser cap) that will sit conveniently under a privacy cap to use during treatments.
More on LLLT And Why it Has Been Proven Effective at Hair Regrowth
In clinical trials, LLLT has been proven effective at stimulating hair growth in both women and men with androgenetic alopecia (more on this below), and is considered a safe treatment option.
Low-intensity light has been used since the 1960s to treat other medical conditions including nerve regeneration, wound healing, stroke recovery, joint pain relief and more.
Therefore, it stands to reason that the technology proven so beneficial in regenerating other areas could be optimized to treat hair loss.
What is Androgenetic Alopecia?
Androgenetic alopecia is a very common form of hair loss in both women and men.
It is the most common type of hair loss, affecting 75% of females over the age of 65, and 50% of males over the age of 40. This condition is also sometimes referred to in men as simply male-pattern baldness and begins in a defined pattern, causing men to lose hair above the temple area first.
The hair typically then recedes in the shape of the letter M.
Of course, hair also sometimes thins near the top of the head at the crown and progresses to either complete or partial baldness.
This hair loss guide talks more about this here.
What You Need to Know About The Illumiflow 148 Laser Cap
Now that we have looked at some of the science behind this laser cap product and what makes it an effective treatment for hair loss, let’s look deeper into the product itself.
The following are all important facts about this product that make it uniquely beneficial:
- It is effective and completely painless to use
- It is one of the best values on the market
- It is rated at up to 20,000 sessions, meaning you can use it that many times
- Its hands-free design allows users to multitask during treatment, with no need to be tied down
- Lasers are calibrated for optimal scalp penetration at 650nm (learn more about 650nm here)
- There are 148 premium laser diodes, ensuring full scalp coverage
- This product is FDA-cleared and clinically proven safe and effective with no side effects
- It has an improved battery life
- The cap comes with a 30-minute automatic shutoff feature
- It is discreet, portable, and lightweight
- You can use the laser cap for easy treatments, 30 minutes, three times weekly.
How The Illumiflow Laser Cap Works to Regrow Hair
The following is a breakdown of how specifically this product works to regrow hair utilizing cool-temperature low-level laser therapy:
- It Inhibits 5-alpha Reductase: The 5-alphas reductase is an enzyme responsible for converting testosterone, the common sex hormone, into the hair loss hormone called dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Scientists have proven a correlation between the amount of 5-alpha reductase enzymes a person has and their propensity for hair loss.The greater the 5-alpha reductase enzymes, the more likely a person is to experience hair loss. Therefore, the illumiflow laser cap effectively inhibits 5-alpha reductase production, which stops the conversion of the enzyme into DHT.
Consequently, hair loss will slow down and eventually halt altogether.
- It Boosts Delivery of Oxygen: The illumiflow laser cap oxygenates every cell on the scalp, ensuring life-giving oxygen is delivered to every hair follicle on the head. This has been proven an essential part of hair growth.Activates Shock Proteins: Heat shock proteins are considered valuable in aiding cellular health. The shock protein that correlates with the scalp is HSP27, which is the direct focus of the LLLT technology.
The end result is a scalp that boosts hair follicle stem cell growth.
- Promotes Acute Inflammation: While many consider inflammation negative, in terms of hair growth, it can be beneficial. Of course, too much inflammation is harmful, but just the right amount, in small doses, can actually aid in the hair growth process by utilizing the body’s natural immune response.
- Increases Blood Flow: Another important element of hair growth is proper blood flow.Therefore, the illumiflow laser cap is specially designed to help the scalp to “breathe” by increasing oxygen levels through vasodilation. In fact, this process that includes widening tiny blood vessels is actually vital for not only promoting new hair growth for sustaining healthy hair after the fact.
Timeline of Hair Growth With Illumiflow 148 Laser Cap
The following is a short breakdown of what you can expect in terms of how quickly you should note hair growth after beginning to use the product as instructed:
- 1-3 Months: This is the phase where the product will cause hair loss to be reversed, halt hair loss, and energize tired hair cells.
- 4-6 Months: You will note new hair growth in this phase of the treatment process, with thicker hair as well.
- 9 + Months: New hair will continue to develop throughout this phase and you will also continue to see a thickening of existing hair.
Why Choose an Illumiflow Laser Cap Over Other Products
Admittedly, even with all you read, you might still be wondering what makes an illumiflow laser cap different from other products by competitors.
After all, at any given time, you can likely find hundreds of products that promise to do exactly the same thing.
However, illumiflow is different for many reasons and stands above the rest.
For example, this company has provided customers with products of:
- unmatched durability
Click Here to Shop the illumiflow 148 Now
We should note that illumiflow also offers a 272 laser cap version.
And this page compares the 148 and 272.
They have also spent years designing, testing and studying their products to ensure they solve the problem for which they are designed.
Finally, they have an FDA clearance and offer a money-back guarantee on their products, which is unlike any other warranty on the market.
Why FDA Clearance is so Important
Illumiflow earned its FDA clearance before many of its competitors, which is a point of pride and proof of quality.
The FDA clearance means this product has been tested for effectiveness and safety and has been proven to pass the test. It means an illumiflow cap is clinically effective and a Grade II medical device that you can use at home, with no need to visit a doctor.
You also get what you pay for, meaning although you might find cheaper options on the market, you won’t find another laser cap that has undergone the scrupulous inspections and testing necessary to earn their FDA clearance, which is also called a 510(k).
Therefore, the cheaper products are often priced that way because they haven’t spent the time and money necessary to perform these important tests and inspections.
Bottom Line: Is it Worth It at $549.00?
In this review of the illumiflow 148, we considered the science behind the technology used in the laser cap.
We also looked at the most common reason for hair loss and delved into the specifics of this product and the timeline you can expect to experience if you choose this as your method of hair regrowth.
While it’s up to you ultimately to determine if this product is worth the investment, the illumiflow 148 laser cap has been proven safe and effective at treating hair loss and promoting hair growth and has an FDA clearance, which separates it from most if not all its competitors.