In this HairMax LaserBand 41 review and guide, we will look at one of HairMax’s leading LLLT devices. First though, hair loss is often thought of as merely a cosmetic issue.
However, dealing with hair loss can indicate other problems are going on, from nutritional deficiencies to environmental factors. That said, in most cases, hair loss is caused by androgenetic alopecia, which is genetic-based hair loss, also called female or male pattern baldness.
Even in these cases, though, when other health conditions are not a factor, merely genetics, hair loss can still cause problems in terms of self-esteem and overall self-worth.
In other words, even if it truly is a cosmetic issue, hair loss is not a minor inconvenience, it dramatically changes the lives of many who experience it and is therefore worth treating. Thankfully, today, there are many options on the market to safely treat embarrassing hair loss from the comfort of home from shampoo, conditioners, serums, vitamins, medications, transplants, and even LLLT.
What You Need to Know About HairMax
Before looking deeper at this one product, it’s important to consider the company behind the device.
HairMax is proudly celebrating its 20th year in the hair loss industry and is currently considered the global leader in the field.
They have multiple medical licenses, FDA clearances, and an extremely high customer satisfaction rating that speaks to their commitment to producing only the most effective devices including laser caps.
Now, onto the topic at hand, a close look at the HairMax LaserBand 41.
What is the HairMax LaserBand 41 ComfortFlex?
The LaserBand 41 by HairMax is a light-weight, safe device designed to address hair loss caused primarily by androgenetic alopecia.
It features soft patented teeth that part the hair during treatment allowing the laser energy to get to the scalp and promote hair growth.
Treatment time is a mere three times a week for three minutes, and the device is applicable for full scalp treatment.
The device resembles a headband with teeth, hence the name, but this is much more than a mere hair accessory, it can change the trajectory of your hair growth pattern and in turn, change your life.
HairMax LaserBand 41 ComfortFlex Notable Features
- Has 246 total laser coverage when moved in the six recommended treatment positions
- Features 41 medical-grade lasers no LEDs
- Fast treatment time, three minutes, three times a week
- Has a comfort-flex band to complement a wide range of head sizes. It expands to allow for larger heads
- Lightweight and cordless, weigh only 6oz.
- Patented hair parting teeth that optimize the laser treatment
- Two-year warranty on the product to protect against any defects
- Six-month, money-back guarantee (minus a 20% restocking fee)
- FDA cleared device to treat genetic hair loss
- Clinically proven effective
The HairMax LaserBand 41 Device Current Price is $549.00 (Check Here for the Best Discount)
When you purchase the LaserBand ComfortFlex 41, you get:
- The device itself, featuring 41 treatment lasers
- Power cord and rechargeable battery
- Charging stand/cradle
- User manual, quick-start guide
- If purchasing from HairMax, buyers will also get the quick-dry towel, ACCELER8 hair booster, the STIMUL8 shampoo and the EXHILR8 conditioner free of charge.
Here’s a Graphical Representation for You
More About Laser Treatment, or Low-Level Laser Therapy
The technology behind what makes this treatment device work is laser energy.
In the 1960s, researchers discovered that cold lasers, like those featured on this device, could encourage hair regrowth.
Lasers have subsequently been used to treat various areas of the body to promote healing. With regard to hair growth, low-level laser therapy (LLLT) works to stimulate growth from a cellular level.
The light energy awakens hair follicles, moving them into the growth cycle and out of the resting phase. As we age, our hair tends to stay in the resting phase for longer periods than we were younger.
This device and those like it prompt our hair to stay in the growth phase longer, rejuvenating worn-out hair follicles.
How to Use Your LaserBand 41 ComfortFlex Device
- First charge your device. You know your device is ready to use when the charging light indicator stops flashing. Then, turn your device on.
- The lasers themselves will not turn on until you put it on your head. This is a safety feature that ensures the lasers don’t come on until the device is situated on your head.
- Place the device on your head to position one, placed ear-to-ear. Let it stay put until you feel the vibration, for a few seconds.
- When you feel the vibration, move the device back. Don’t lift, but push it back on the head to position two, until you feel the next vibration. Then, move to the next position and so on.
- Use the device three minutes, three times a week.
- Clean your device with a damp towel, no soap needed. Wipe off the laser window and the teeth. You don’t have to do this every treatment, but keeping the device clean makes it work optimally.
- All device instructions are outlined in detail in the user manual that comes with your device. Follow the instructions as closely as possible to ensure the device works as designed.
When Can You Expect Results?
You want to see results as quickly as possible, which is understandable. Unfortunately, hair growth is a slow process, even in the best of circumstances. Realistically, you should be able to see new hair growth or at least a reduction in hair loss between three to six months after beginning treatment.
Keep in mind, although some 90% of users will note hair growth using HairMax laser products, not everyone will. Thankfully, the six-month money-back guarantee enables you to try the device for yourself with little to no risk.
Of course, to garner this guarantee, you have to purchase from the HairMax site itself, not purchase offsite.
If you buy from Amazon, the guarantee is only 30 days.
Is There a HairMax LaserBand 41 Coupon Code Available?
Yes, there is an Amazon coupon you can use.
You can purchase the HairMax LaserBand on Amazon and use the $100 coupon. However, you will not be able to take advantage of all of HairMax’s guarantees.
You also won’t get the free-with-purchase items that HairMax includes if you purchase from Amazon.
Do you Have to Use The Device Forever?
In many cases, yes, you will have to continue to use your laser device in a maintenance capacity in order to maintain your results.
Once you achieve your goal results, you can reduce your treatments back to twice weekly.
If you notice an uptick in shedding after this, though, it’s wise to go back to three treatments a week.
Real Customer Reviews of the HairMax LaserBand 41 ComfortFlex
“My dermatologist confirmed that I have female pattern baldness and this device claims to help with this. I was losing hair from my front scalp and the scalp started showing which made me uncomfortable. I have been using it for six months now and the coverage is good. My scalp is covered with hair. I started seeing results in two months when my hairdresser told me I have a lot of new hair growth. I am still using it hoping that it will grow more hair.”
“Very easy to use and quite convenient. I’m in my early forties and my hair was already starting to thin out but thankfully, this is reversing that problem of mine. This is impressive and it does what it claims to do. I’m happy with my purchase.”
“I am so impressed with my results. I have been using this amazing laser band for months now and I could definitely tell the difference in my hair.”
Is The HairMax LaserBand 41 The Right Fit For You?
If you are experiencing genetic hair loss and want to try a treatment that is easy and safe, this could be the answer.
Please note, not everyone experiences great results as laser treatment just doesn’t work for everyone and every cause of hair loss. However, the product is safe and has a high satisfaction rate.
That combined with its excellent refund policy (if you purchase from HairMax) means there isn’t much harm in at least giving it a try.
They also offer a stronger version of their laserband, which we’ve written about here.
If you are wondering how the laserband 41 and the laserband 82 compare we’ve got you covered too.